Friday, June 19, 2009

Doll Project Number 3 (Dolls 6, 7 and 8)


Here is the 6th doll I received; it was begun by Amy Twigger Holroyd (Keep and Share) and began as a pile of felted internal organs which have been encased, boned and embellished! I have embroidered some anatomical descriptions onto it's body.

The 7th was Amelia who was started by textile designer Bee Hayes. She has a silver jumpsuit and a reckless past! I've dressed up her outfit a little with a belt and some cuffs.

And the 8th is from textile and print designer Kirsty Reilly (now Kissell) and is Lady Vi. I've made her a lace blouse with pearl buttons and a tweed skirt.

There is just one more to go... Katys doll... and then I will get my little rabbit back home and the project will be complete. Once they've all returned to their original makers we'll be able to see them finished- I can't wait, then I can show more than just these tiny peeks at them!

No comments: