Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cockpit Arts Open Studios in May

We're having Working Open Studios in a few weeks; a bit different from the Christmas Open Studios where we stop work and turn the studios into stalls, for this one, those of us that are taking part are keeping our studios running for a behind the scenes view; which for me will mean the floor and all surfaces being covered in scraps of fabric and threads and maybe not that much room for anything else! I have made plenty of small soft creatures including a handful of (the very rare) Mini Matchbox Monster Babies.
I'm busy at the moment adding the finishing touches to lots of new card designs* ready to be launched at the trade show Pulse at the start of June, it's nearly time to send them off to the printers, but this drawing and design work is leaving very little time for sewing so I'll be glad to have the chance at the Open Studio.

Please come along and say hello. I'm in Studio 305, Cockpit Arts Deptford.

*I have also designed some tiny enamel brooches that are being made right now - I am so excited about them! One is of Little Errol and one of Squeaky Beryl and they will be mounted on a card with a drawing of a friendly pet shop along with care instructions. I'll put a picture up here when they arrive in 3 weeks or so. (Did I mention that I was excited about them?!)

No comments: